The importance of prototyping in manufacturing
At Yorkshire Laser & Fabrication we believe in the importance of prototyping. Prototyping is the key to any successful end product, working through many stages to perfect an initial and successful design. That’s why at Yorkshire Laser we have invested in the most up-to-date design software and experienced team of engineers to specialise in every area of the sheet metal fabrication process.
What is prototyping?
Yorkshire Laser use CAD (Computer Aided Design) technology coupled with experienced CAD engineers to create initial prototypes in model space to provide you with a realistic impression on how your end product will look before the production process begins.
If there are any errors or problems, the prototype can be improved and tested again. This goes on until the product is fully functional and suitable. This ensures that your product or part suits your exact requirements as we work alongside you as trusted partners to develop and improve your products.
Why is prototyping so important?
Prototyping is important as it allows the prototype to be checked for fit and movement and can save valuable time and money as, once this process is complete, we can quickly and easily produce initial prototypes for you to test prior to series production.
For the next stage of our production process we can offer the use of CAM (Computer Aided Manufacture) technology. This greatly assists with all types of sheet metal fabrication due to the accuracy afforded by CAM software and our machinery.
The benefits of prototyping
- Prototyping helps to ensure that the solution does what it is supposed to do – not what the developer thinks it ought to do, or how.
- Prototyping allows the developer to quickly demonstrate a product or focus on a specific component part in detail but possibly in isolation.
- Helps to identify and address problems early on rather than once a product has began production.
- Prototyping allows the developer to explore ideas and exchange feedback with the client and end-user. This is an important step in preparing to develop a solution that is fit for purpose, does what it needs to do, and does it well
- Prototyping gives the client and end-user a greater sense of involvement, ownership and a better appreciation of the final solution
- Ensures that we can accurately price development costs, meet timescale and ensure that we have the right skills in house to work on the project.
Yorkshire Laser and Fabrication understand that getting the prototype right is key to the success of any project. We have invested heavily in skills and technology to ensure our design and manufacturing processes are geared towards the most innovative, cost effective and well-made sheet metal products for you.
For non-stop cooperation from prototype to production, contact us on: 01924 220 236 and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.